Friday, May 16th at 6.30pm at The Punch Tavern, 99 Fleet Street, EC4Y 1DE
Come one, come all and watch as the worst woman in London makes Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson’s skin crawl!
Yes, that’s right, the worst WOMAN! We are putting on a genderbent version of Charles Augustus Milverton for the Sherlock Holmes Society of London Spring weekend! You can find out more about all their events on their [website].
Info about our event below!
For a long time, even with the utmost discretion and reticence, it would have been impossible to make the facts public, but now the principal person involved is beyond the reach of human law, and with due suppression the story may be told in such a fashion as to injure no one.
Our friends, the Baker Street Babes – whose wonderful podcast you should all be familiar with, but in case not then please visit http://bakerstreetbabes.com – will be providing the entertainment this evening with a radio-play performance of Charles Augustus Milverton, adapted from a script by Michael and Mollie Hardwick. Come along and revisit the story of the worst man in London, whose lair will play a significant role in Saturday’s planned activities.
Join us from 6.30pm at The Punch Tavern, 99 Fleet Street, EC4Y 1DE (within walking distance of Blackfriars, St Paul’s, City Thameslink, Chancery Lane and Temple stations).
The Punch is a pub with a long history and is now a Grade II listed building. It was once the regular watering-hole for the staff of the eponymous satirical magazine.
There will be a finger buffet supper included in the £13.00 charge and drinks can be purchased from the cash bar within the private function room. Space is limited so early application is encouraged.
• Meet at 6.30pm at The Punch Tavern, 99 Fleet Street, EC4Y 1DE.
• Charge – £13.00/ US$26.00 per person.
• Please note numbers are limited to 50
TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- Please email Catherine Cooke at c.cook[at]dsl.pipex[dot]com with the subject “Baker Street Babes Application For SHSL Event”
- You will also need to pay the £13.00 upfront via PayPal also to Catherine, at that same email.
- Any questions about buying tickets should be addressed to Catherine and the SHSL.
- Non-Members may also attend The Diplomatic Corpse, details HERE.