Spoiler Free Teasers For The Sign Of Three
We just finished The Sign Of Three and oh… my… god. I don’t think I ever stopped smiling… except when I was clawing at my face and curling in on myself. It’s a delightful episode from start to finish. It’s both utterly heartwarming and heart-wrenching. Incredibly heart-wrenching. Oh my god, my heart.
The case is nice and succinct and clever, and it adds to what the main theme is: Sherlock & John and what they have and will continued to mean to one another.
This episode was written by all three main Sherlock writers., though I think that Steve Thompson has the pen for the majority of it. Colm McCarthy is the director this go around, and while I liked the jerky hecticness of The Empty Hearse, because it lent itself to what was going on, I have to say I prefer McCarthy’s directing style. It matches the emotions that are happening and it’s just so… lovely.
I want to tell you all about it, but I can’t, so here’s some bullet points, because I don’t trust myself beyond that. This is so very out of order.
- There’s quite a bit of Lestrade in this episode
- There’s also a lot of Molly and she has the best lines
- Mycroft showing up in unexpected places
- Sherlock & YouTube
- The hair ruffle returns!
- The Stag Night may be my favorite cluster of scenes of all time. It is amazing. I was almost crying with laughter. The gifs. THE GIFS that will come out of this.
- Vatican Cameos
- Sherlock… oh Sherlock… oh my poor baby
- The military is involved & we see John’s credentials
- He will make you laugh, clutch your face in horror, and cry.
- Tom is adorable.
- Mary is so very clever.
- Dancing. Dancing.
- The Vow
- We’re all going to die in His Last Vow. Die. Die a horrible death.
The Sign Of Three comes out this Sunday on BBC One at 8:30PM. Prepare to be utterly delighted.