Win a Deerstalker Signed by Benedict Cumberbatch! (Closed)
The Prince’s Trust is bringing you the awesome opportunity to win this deerstalker signed by Sherlock himself, Benedict Cumberbatch! (Sorry, the Trust can only award the prize to UK residents.)
Here’s how you can win:
To be in with a chance of winning a deerstalker hat signed by Benedict Cumberbatch (the Prize), the entrant must do all of the following:
Follow The Prince’s Trust on Twitter or Facebook
Correctly guess the hidden phrase posted on the Prince’s Trust Twitter or Facebook. (The BSB Twitter and Facebook also have the clue, but you must tweet or Facebook the answer to the Prince’s Trust & follow them to enter.)
The competition only runs from 8:30pm (GMT) to 12:00am (GMT) on Sunday/Monday, so be quick!
Terms and conditions:
By entering the competition, you agree to the following:
1) The competition runs from 8.30pm on Sunday 15th January 2017 to 12.00pm on Monday 16th January 2017.
2) This competition is open to any UK resident who fulfil the above entry criteria.
3) The winning entry will be randomly picked after 12.01pm on Monday 16th January.
4) The winner will be announced on The Prince’s Trust’s Facebook and Twitter profiles at 4.00pm on Monday 16th January. The Prince’s Trust will tag the winner in the announcement post, which is why they need to be following The Trust on the social media channel that they entered on (Facebook or Twitter).
5) The Prince’s Trust will contact the winner via private message to request their full name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
6) The winner must respond with all these details by 9am on Friday 20th January 2017 or we will re-pick a winner.
7) Entrants are limited to one entry. Multiple posts from one user will not generate extra entries. The Prince’s Trust accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault or otherwise delayed or non-delivered.
Other things to know:
1) The Promoter of this competition is The Prince’s Trust, a registered charity incorporated by Royal Charter (RC000772) with registered charity numbers 1079675 (England and Wales) and SC041198 (Scotland), with its principal office at:
Prince’s Trust House, 9 Eldon Street, London EC2M 7LS
2) Winning entrants will be chosen by the Promoter at random from valid tweets on Twitter or posts on Facebook. The Promoter’s choice of winning entrant is final. No correspondence will be entered into and no process of appeal is available to Entrants.
3) The winning entrant will be announced publicly on Twitter and Facebook and notified by Twitter Direct Message or Facebook Private Message. Only the winning entrant will be contacted. The Promoter reserves the right to redistribute the Prize if the winning entrant does not reply by 9.00am on Friday 20th January, with the following details: name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
5) The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules will not be accepted.
6) Entries containing words or pictures deemed inappropriate for a family audience by The Promoter will be disqualified.
7) Employees of The Prince’s Trust group and their families are not eligible to win this competition.
8) Entry to the competition and acceptance of the Prize gives the Promoter permission to use the winning entrant’s name and Winning Twitter or Facebook Post for promotional purposes without additional payment. The Promoter does not have to contact the winning entrant to obtain specific consent for such use.
9) No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
10) The Promoter takes no responsibility for any costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by the winning entrant arising out of the possession or use of the Prize and liability for any defects in the Prize remains with the manufacturer of the Prize.
11) The Promoter takes no responsibility for any costs, expenses, loss, damage or disappointment suffered by any entrant as a result of entering the prize draw. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
11) The Prize is non-refundable.
12) The Prizes are as above. No cash alternative to the Prize is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to change the Prize in the event of unforeseen circumstances for a prize of equal or higher value.
13) Only one tweet entry or Facebook post entry per account. Third party and bulk entries are not permitted.
14) Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
15) These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
16) Entries made after 12.00pm on Monday 16th January will not be considered.
Amy Thomas is a book reviewer, freelance essayist, and author of The Detective and The Woman mystery novel series featuring Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler, published by MX Publishing. She holds a degree in professional communication and is an avid knitter, geek, and grammar nerd. Amy blogs about Sherlock Holmes at Girlmeetssherlock.wordpress.